1. The Sorensen School of Dance accepts Cash, Interac, E-transfers, Visa and MasterCard as methods of payment. Fees are payable at the start of each term. Students will not be permitted to continue into the next term until previous outstanding accounts are paid in full.
2. The studio adheres to a no refund policy after the first two weeks of term one has passed.
3. A student may withdraw from classes at the end of any term. Parents are asked to notify the office at least two weeks prior.
4. If a student misses a class, we do not offer make up classes. If a class is canceled due to weather conditions (storms, power outages, etc.), classes will not be rescheduled. As recital time approaches, additional practices are often scheduled. This adequately compensates for any lost time. The studio very rarely closes and, when we do, we use our website, studio Facebook page, voice mail, and local radio stations to relay closure information.
5. For the 2018-2019 season we are closed on Thanksgiving Monday, October 8th and Remembrance Day, Sunday, November 11th.The studio will close for the Christmas season on December 21st. Our Christmas show will be held, Friday, November 23.
6. A $50.00 non-refundable costume deposit is required before costumes will be ordered for students. Of course, this deposit is then deducted from the final costume cost. This year the costume deposit will be due at the end of Term 1.
7. Friends are not encouraged to accompany students to class to observe. We regret that we cannot be responsible for children that are not registered dancers at the studio.
8. The studio holds a parents’ week in December. At this time, parents only are invited to sit in and observe a class in progress to view the kinds of material covered during Term 1. This has to be restricted to parents only as studio space does not allow for siblings and extended family.
9. The studio is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
10. No gum is permitted in class.
11. Students who arrive after the warm up portion of class may be asked to sit and observe. Participation without proper warm up can lead to injury.
12. Hair should we worn in a neat fashion. A bun is expected for ballet classes but braids, pony tail and pigtails are accepted for all other classes. Senior hip hop classes may be permitted to wear their hair down for their hip hop class only. Again, body alignment from head to toe needs to be viewed in order to prevent injury.